Homework time can be challenging for many families. It is important to know it is common. Every child is unique and will have different homework needs. Some kids have trouble getting motivated to start, some get easily overwhelmed when there is a lot to do, some get emotional when they get stuck on a question and some struggle with attention span to get it all done. Working with your children to understand their own growth areas, will help you develop a homework strategy that works best for them (and you).
Kudo Banz is a wonderful tool to help kids successfully complete their homework. The band gives kids a constant visual of their progress right on their wrist keeping them motivated. Kudo Banz also makes it easy to set and celebrate homework goals. Like all things, once kids develop healthy homework habits, things will get easier. Below are some suggested steps to help build strong, independant homework habits.
KUDO STEP SUGGESTIONS:
- Remember to write all homework assignments in planner
- Remember to bring home all necessary books/folders for homework
- Begin homework at set time/place without complaint
- Read directions 2 times before beginning work
- Tackle one subject at a time (remain calm, all will get done)
- Try and answer all questions before asking for help (if stuck on question, move on and come back to it later)
- Be open to listening and learning when Mom/Dad help
Kudo Banz Behavior Milestones:
Kudo Banz is like an on-the-go chore chart. Positive reinforcement reinvented to meet the needs of today’s millennial families. As kids grow, they are constantly learning new behaviors. Reaching these milestones in a positive manner is where Kudo Banz comes in! We are here to help start and end behavior in a fun and positive way. Sticker charts or chore charts are often stuck at home, Kudo Banz is always there when you need it since it is right there on your child’s wrist (keeping them motivated to reach their incentive goal).
Finally, a behavior chart that works for your family and makes raising good kids easy and fun. Say goodbye to yelling and tantrums. Kudo Banz makes positive parenting simple.