Tantrums. Just the word gives parents anxiety. There are few things worse than your child having a major meltdown in public. We’ve all been that parent. Take comfort in knowing tantrums are very common with young kids. Emotional maturity takes considerable time to develop. The good news is there are simple steps to help your children learn that tantrums aren’t worth their time and energy!
One of the biggest ways to help is to give your children tons of kudos when they do control their emotions well. Kids are more likely to repeat good behavior if it is noticed and praised. Kudo Banz is an easy way to do this. Every time you see positive emotional control, give them a Kudo for their band. It is right there on their wrist so it is easy for kids to keep good behavior in the top of their minds.
KUDO STEP SUGGESTIONS:
- Stops tantrum after 1 reminder (“This behavior is not acceptable, please stop so we can talk.”)
- Uses words to express how they are feeling
- Controls emotions when asked to transition (e.g. eat dinner, get ready for bed, leave playdate/party)
- Accepts changes to a “plan” (esp if it has a negative impact on something the child was looking forward to)
- Controls emotions when something goes wrong (e.g. toy breaks, homework is hard)
- Accepts “no” without tantrum (e.g. no dessert, no toy from store, can’t stay up late)
Kudo Banz Behavior Milestones:
Kudo Banz is like an on-the-go chore chart. Positive reinforcement reinvented to meet the needs of today’s millennial families. As kids grow, they are constantly learning new behaviors. Reaching these milestones in a positive manner is where Kudo Banz comes in! We are here to help start and end behavior in a fun and positive way. Sticker charts or chore charts are often stuck at home, Kudo Banz is always there when you need it since it is right there on your child’s wrist (keeping them motivated to reach their incentive goal).
Finally, a behavior chart that works for your family and makes raising good kids easy and fun. Say goodbye to yelling and tantrums. Kudo Banz makes positive parenting simple.